Why do doctors prescribe clonazepam 1mg?
Clonazepam 1mg comes as the second lower subset that is compressed with a moderate amount of the active element. Therefore, users are requested to take this medication if they hold the familiarity with its drug class. Usually, doctors prescribe to begin the treatment with the lowest subgroup clonazepam 0.5mg. During the phase of treatment, if the requirement arrives to exceed the dosage, the doctor may do so. However, you should neither heighten nor exceed the treatment dosage with self-assessment. Practicing such methods can lead to severe outcomes.
Clonazepam 1mg survives as the short-acting benzodiazepine. Therefore, it initiates its mechanism straightly after consumption. However, its effects continue to last in the body for around 6 hours after the last dosage. Additionally, the intensity and duration of effects vary from one-person o another due to several reasons. The reason may include other medication, different body structures and previous medical history.
Approved and non-approved practices-
- The FDA approves clonazepam 1mg and other subsets for the administration of the seizures.
- In other words, doctors usually prescribe this mediation for lessening the seizures only in adults.
- As a secondary (off-label) treatment, this medication might be administrated for treating panic attacks and related disorders.
- Besides, for off-label practices, you should only use them when the doctor approves its consumption.
- As per the guidelines of the FDA, this medication is not safe to use for purposes that are not available here.
- Therefore, be adhere to guidelines to avoid the risk of catching the side effects of clonazepam 1mg.
- Clonazepam is usually assigned to a sufferer after going through several aspects such as health and precious medical details.
- Therefore, the treatment span of this medication varies from one user to another. Hence, you must take the medical consultation to gather the data about your suitable treatment duration.
- Furthermore, the doctor directs this medication for a short span of 2 to 3 weeks. Although, the treatment duration might be heightened only if the necessity arrives to do so.
- In case if you increase the recommended duration so you may fall under the outcomes like an addiction.
- Therefore, run the treatment for the directed duration without any alteration.
- Clonazepam 1mg comes under the drug category known as benzodiazepine. Thus, it begins its effects by releasing the calming effects in the CNS.
- It is assembled in the schedule 4 controlled, which means it has minor possibilities to lead the addiction.
- 1mg clonazepam has a blue color, round shape with the imprint of 1 on one end.
Side Effects Of Clonazepam
Clonazepam 1 mg causes side effects such as:
- Problem while coordinating
- Increased saliva production
- Difficulty in thinking or recalling things
- Joint pain or muscle pain
- Blurred vision
- Frequent Urination
- Changes in the ability of sex drive
Some of its adverse side effects can be:
- Swelling of the eyes, lips, face, throat, or tongue
- Difficulty in breathing
- Also Difficulty in swallowing
- Increased Eosinophils In The Blood
- Low Levels Of White Blood Cells
- Manic Behavior
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Feelings Of Hostility
- Suicidal Behavior
- Mental Problems From Taking The Drug
- Memory Loss
- A Skin Rash
- Decreased Lung Function
- An Enlarged Liver
- An Inability To Completely Empty The Bladder
- Abnormal Liver Function Tests
- A Hypersensitivity Reaction To A Drug
- Worsening Of Seizure
- Accidental Falls
- A Movement Disorder Called Dysdiadochokinesia
- Irregular Involuntary Spasms Of Limbs Or Facial Muscles
- A Tonic-Clonic Seizure
In case you experience any sort of side effects or such symptoms, make sure you call your doctor immediately.
Precautions Of Using Clonazepam
- Make sure to tell your doctor or pharmacist, if you have any sort of allergies to clonazepam or another benzodiazepine, namely, Xanax, Lorazepam, Diazepam, Alprazolam, Midazolam, Oxazepam, among others.
- Tell your pharmacist or doctor beforehand, if you are taking other prescription or non-prescription medications along or before clonazepam 1 mg, such as vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements.
- Do not swallow, or chew this pill without guidance.
- Keep clonazepam 1 mg away from children’s reach.
- Store it at room temperature, in a place away from heat, and moisture.
- Monitor your clonazepam dosage in accordance with the prescribed dosage.
- Mention if you are taking any sort of herbal products along with or before the medication.
- Tell your doctor about your past medical history in detail.
- Mention about your pregnancy, or if you are planning to become pregnant. Also, if you are breastfeeding.
- In case you become pregnant while consuming clonazepam, call your doctor and let him know.
- Know all the details, such as risks, benefits, and side effects of taking clonazepam 1 mg if you are 65 years or older than that.
- Make sure to check up on your mental health. Because it could change in the most unexpected ways after consuming this medication.
- In some severe cases, where the patient develops an addiction to clonazepam, they might start having suicidal thoughts or get extremely depressive.
- If you have any of the following symptoms, consult a doctor: Panic attacks; agitation or restlessness; new or worsening irritability, anxiety, or despair; risky impulses; problems falling or staying asleep; aggressive, furious, or violent conduct Mania (a frenetic, unusually enthusiastic state of mind), talking or thinking about hurting yourself or ending your life, retreating from friends and family, concern with death and dying, throwing up valued items, or any other unexpected changes in behavior or attitude.
Clonazepam 1mg is permissible to treat a medical condition like seizures in children. Although, this medication is not safe to treat panic disorder in children younger than 18 years. Besides, you should have a legal prescription to use this medication. This medication can result in severe outcomes in children if not used as directed. Therefore, during the treatment, go through general warnings and precautions.